Trail Mix Cookies
Trail Mix Cookies
When a classic outdoor snack collides with a classic crunchy cookie. COOKING METHOD: Baking
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter (Don’t use natural butter, it results in dry cookies)
- ¼ cup butter, salted or unsalted is fine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt (only 1/8 tsp if using salted butter)
- ½ cup chocolate, chopped (or M&Ms!)
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking liners. Set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- 3. In a large separate mixing bowl, cream butter. Once creamed, add white and brown sugars and mix well. Add peanut butter. With an electric mixer, cream together until well combined.
- 4. Add egg and vanilla and blend together.
- 5. Slowly add and mix in flour mixture on low speed.
- 6. Stir in chocolate, raisins and chopped peanuts. Mix until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Dough may be slightly crumbly. That’s normal.
- 7. Scoop about 2 tbsps worth of dough and roll into a ball. Place onto baking sheet. You should be able to make 24 balls, spaced 2″ apart. (12 on each sheet).
- 8. Gently press down on dough balls with a fork.
- 9. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies should still be soft but ever so slightly golden on the edges.
- 10. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes to harden before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies are best eaten within a couple of days, but you can freeze them!
- Feel free to change up the mix-ins. Just ensure to keep the same measurement ratio (1 & cup total).
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 181kcalCarbohydrates: 21.6gProtein: 4.4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 14.3mgSodium: 128mgFiber: 1.3gSugar: 13.8g
Tried this recipe?
Click on the stars to leave a rating!
Share this recipe:
Leave a comment:
The Foodie Behind the Screen
Hi there! I'm Bri.
I create and share nutritious and flavourful recipes for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure seekers.