Crunchy Chickpea Snacks
Alas – a crunchy snack that isn’t trail mix (no hate on trail mix though!) But seriously, chickpeas are a wicked source of protein and fibre – a perfect combo to keep fuelled on outdoor adventures.
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (half of a 540ml can), drained
- ~1/4 cup+ liquid (sauces, vinegars, water, etc.)
(see my favourite seasonings below)
- Cook chickpeas (or drain and rinse from a can).
- In a container, combine liquid with spices and stir well to combine.
- Add in chickpeas and let marinate for 12+ hours.
- Drain excess liquid from container and disperse chickpeas onto dehydrating trays.
- Dehydrate at 135o for ~6 hours.
Voilà! Your Crunchy Chickpea Snacks are ready to go! (see my favourite seasonings and flavours below)
Top Notch Flavour Combinations:
Mustard & Oregano
Salt & Vinegar
Share this post:
Did you try any of these chickpea snacks?
Let us know your thoughts! How’d they turn out for you?
Leave a comment:
The Foodie Behind the Screen
Hi there! I'm Bri.
I create and share nutritious and flavourful recipes for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure seekers.